I make this salad/slaw to top a bed of spinach and add grilled chicken to make a whole dinner
- 1 fennel bulb sliced thinly
- ½ small red onion sliced thinly
- 1 cup fresh orange juice- 1 -2 oranges with seeds removed
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp exta virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp. pure maple syrup
- Pinch of sea salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 1 sprig of fresh marjoram chopped (can use 1 tsp of ground if you have to)
- 2 bunches of watercress stemmed ( I use the whole thing)
- ¼ cup unsalted walnuts (toasted lightly on stove)
In large blow combine the fennel, onion, orange juice, vinegar, oil, maple syrup salt, pepper and marjoram, toss and let sit 10-15 min.
Add the watercress and walnuts to the fennel mix toss lightly and put over the spinach and serve.
Yeah! Love this one. I sometimes use extra Orange juice for more dressing.